Teacher was prepared for anything—but what first-grader brought in bag was totally unexpected

Children are full of surprises and they always seem to be doing something out of the ordinary that leaves you either smiling or cross! For a teacher in Georgia, she opened a student’s backpack and was lost for words.

In August, Anna Kate Hood, an elementary school teacher, posted a photo on her Facebook page showing what she found in one of her student’s backpacks. As a teacher, she knew that children, at times, do things that are unexpected, but what she saw that day in the classroom was totally unforeseeable.

She wrote in the photo caption describing what she saw: “They tell teachers to be prepared for anything, but I was not ready to open a book bag this morning and find two kittens.”

Yes! It was two adorable kittens cuddling inside the backpack!

Hood’s first-grade student seems to be a caring girl as she told Hood what else she put inside the bag.

“My student said she even put food in there and wanted to keep them at her desk to cuddle with after she finished her work,” Hood said.

In spite of being totally taken aback, she said, “gotta love first grade.”

Hood’s photo quickly went viral and many Facebook users commented and shared it.

One user said, “I’m disappointed in myself that I never thought of this.”

Another added, “This is so something I would’ve done when I was little!! Hehe, how sweet.”

A few teachers also shared their stories of what they had experienced.

“I had the exact same thing happen in my kindergarten classroom years ago! I thought I was the only one! Wow, what they won’t think of!” one said.

“So so sweet!!! I have a student that has brought tadpoles, praying mantis, frogs, etc to school this year,” another teacher wrote.

However, some users criticized the parents for not checking their children’s bags before they leave for school.

A user wrote, “Where are the parents? Why aren’t they checking back bags before school?!?

“This is so dangerous those cats could have died. Another student/teacher could have been allergic.”


Source link